Google has done it again! They pushed-out yet another search engine update on 9-28-2012. Now, they’re unleashing the fury on Exact-Match Domains (EMD’s). So what exactly is meant by “exact match?”
We’ll, let say that “How to Lose Weight Quickly” is a heavily searched keyword phrase online. If you had the domain HowToLoseWeightQuickly.com, that would constitute an exact match.
Another example in a small, local market might be ChiropractorInMiami.com. Here is a tweet from Google’s Matt Cutts talking about the update:
According to Google, the crack-down just targets low-quality exact-match domains.
So, what constitutes a low-quality exact match domain?
– The website has very few pages
– The website has a lot of duplicate content and/or very little original content
– The content posts don’t have a strong history of getting socially shared (Tweets, Likes, Pins, etc)
– The website doesn’t have consistent, fresh content being added regularly
– The site author is unknown or hasn’t established a strong “Author Rank”
– The site has too many low quality links, especially exact matching anchor text links
So, what constitutes a high-quality exact match domain?
– The website is resourceful and has a lot of unique pages (hundreds to thousands)
– No duplicate content is found and the website is abundant with original content.
– The website and content are updated regularly, keeping the site fresh
– The content posts DO have a strong history of getting socially shared (Tweets, Likes, Pins, etc)
– The site has a plethora of other high quality website properties linking to it in a natural fashion
– The site author is established in his / her market and has a strong Author Rank
Here’s the deal… and we’ve been saying this for years. You cannot trick Google with the latest and greatest gimmick or tactic, hoping to “game” your way to the #1 listing! You’ve got to be in-it for the long haul. This is not a fly-by-night proposal.
You must establish authority as a credible author and website owner in Google’s eyes.
There is a right (and strategic) way to do this as well.
Protect Yourself and Your Business
You have to know how to build a trustworthy brand / business online that is seen as a resource with high-value content. Not only that, you MUST understand how to get your site and content shared by authority figures in your local or national market.
The reason why we’re able to reach tens of thousands is because awhile back we discovered the specific formula Google was looking for. We actually do the hard and time-consuming work for you with this service.
The game is rigged…
Now, more than ever, Google is showing favoritism. I’m not complaining at all since their Panda, Penguin, and EMD updates have all worked in our favor.
Many average, unaware business owners are getting punished, though. They haven’t built enough credibility or authority in Google’s eyes. Our strong advice is to evolve with the times immediately.
Those that resist and do not heed this warning can expect a continued slip in rankings which will subsequently lead to less exposure and a dramatic drop in new clients and/or sales from the internet.
Are you ready to become a credible authority in Google’s eyes, but don’t have the time or tech know-how? We can help you today. Visit this link for more info.
Did you like this post? Share it with your friends.